No.8 – Market and E. Fredrick (E. Glenaven)

Station Designation: Station No. 8
Address/Cross Street: 2117 Market St., Youngstown, Ohio 44507. (Between Fredrick St (now E. Glenaven Ave) and E Earle Ave)
Architect: E. Rufus Thompson
Builder:
Construction Began:
Construction End:
Date Opened: July 1908
Date Closed: June 6, 1991
Number of Bays: 2
Apparatus Stationed: Automobile Engine and Hose Company No.. 8, Engine 8, Car 32
Link to Auditors Information

Additional Information:
Station 8 at the southeast corner of Market and Fredrick (now known as E. Glenaven) was opened in July of 1908. It was the first station to house a piece of motorized fire apparatus. It closed June 6, 1991 when Station 8 and 13’s districts were consolidated into the newly opened Station 2 (C). The station was home to the Police Department’s Community Oriented Police offices and the Knights of Columbus. It is currently a private residence.

 

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*