Station Designation: Station No.6
Address/Cross Street: 1817 Shehy St, Youngstown, Ohio 44506
Architect: Boucherle, Hanahan and Strotto
Builder: J.W. Finch Construction Co.
Date Opened: November 28, 1960
Date Closed: n/a
Number of Bays: 1
Apparatus Stationed: Engine 6
Link to Auditors Information
Station 6 was opened for service on November 28, 1960 and replaced an original 1890’s station. Built at a cost of $93,000, station 6 was designed by the architectural firm of Boucherle, Hanahan and Strotto and built by the J.W. Finch Construction Co. This station houses Engine 6 and is the second due engine company on Downtown alarms. On May 10, 2001 a door mural designed and created by Choffin Career Center Graphic design students was completed and dedicated. In 2012, the station door was repainted white.