Station Designation: Station No. 5 (A)
Address/Cross Street: Oakland Ave and Superior St
Architect: Owsley and Boucharle
Date Opened: January 1897
Date Closed: February 1949
Number of Bays: 1
Apparatus Stationed: Hose Company No. 5
Station 5 sat at the northeast corner of Oakland and Superior in the Brier Hill section of the city. It was opened in January of 1897. The station was built to serve the quickly growing steel mills and worker’s houses in the area. The station was demolished in late February of 1949 to make way for a new station (No.5 (B)).