Station Designation: Station No. 4
Address/Cross Street: Falls Ave near Oak Hill Ave.
Architect: Owsley and Boucharle
Date Opened: December 1896
Date Closed: March 29, 1972
Number of Bays: 1
Apparatus Stationed: Hose Company No. 4
Station 4 was one of three identical stations built near the turn of the century. Opened in December of 1896, the station sat on the south side of Falls Ave. near Oak Hill. The architect for all three station was Owsley and Boucharle, a firm still in existence today. The basement of this station housed room for the department veterinary. The station was closed March 29, 1972 and sat vacant. After much debate by local residents as to whether the building was historic and should be preserved or an eyesore and demolished, the latter won out and the building was razed in May of 1975.