Station Designation: Station No. 2 (B)
Address/Cross Street: 1000 Oak St (Between N Fruit St. and Albert St.)
Builder: Mahoning Valley Construction Co.
Date Opened: March 25, 1950
Date Closed: September 8, 1980
Number of Bays: 1
Apparatus Stationed: Engine 2
Link to Auditors Information
This brick one story firehouse was officially dedicated on April 1, 1950. The fire department had been responding out of the station since March 25th. It is a mirror image of Station 5 build less than a year prior. The station closed September 8, 1980 and still stands today. It has housed a minimum security prison and a local crime watch substation. $50,000 was allocated for the new station.