Station Designation: Station No. 10
Address/Cross Street: 1639 Mahoning Ave, Youngstown, Ohio 44509 (Between Eleanor Ave and Steel St)
Date Opened: April 7, 1913
Date Closed: May 22, 1992
Number of Bays: 1
Apparatus Stationed: Engine 10
Link to Auditors Information
Station 10 was opened April 7, 1913 at the southeast corner of Mahoning Ave. and Eleanor Ave. It serviced the city’s west side. An addition was added to the rear of the station in 1955. The station was closed on May 22, 1992 when Station 5 and 10’s districts were consolidated into the newly opened Station 3 (D). The building housed the fire inspection bureau and the Police Department’s Training Division. It is now home to the Youngstown Police Athletic League and the YPD Community Education Center.