Station Designation: Gov Tod Engine House
Address/Cross Street: W. Boardman St. and S. Hazel St., Youngstown, Ohio 44503
Date Opened: 1868
Date Closed: 1894
Number of Bays: 1
Apparatus Stationed: Gov Tod Engine
This was the city’s first fire station. It sat at the northeast corner of Boardman and Hazel. Construction was completed sometime in 1868. The station originally housed only the engine but with the organization of the Hook and Ladder Co. in 1871 the building next door was converted into an additional truck bay. It was closed and demolished to make way for the new Central Fire Station (No.1 (A)) in 1894.